Monday, August 25, 2008

Recommittment to Blogging!

Okay, I know it's been over a month again since I've blogged. I have the hardest time just sitting down to blog something little each day. I'd rather wait until I've got something bigger to talk about; but then that takes forever and you haven't seen what's been going on in our lives. So, I'm going to try to blog something small each day so you'll stay informed (and I won't forget the small joys of each day)!

With that said, enough of the rain already! I know I shouldn't complain. I keep reminding myself of Noah having to endure 40 days of it. And I'm not in my in-laws situation, who've had to leave their home because they were told it was going to flood. I'll let you know more about that when I catch up with them later. For me, it's the inconvenience of not being able to get out of the house - either literally due to no electricity to open the garage door! (thanks again, Webb's, for letting me out!) or just because it's such a hassle with a little one to try to get out in the rain. However, I am learning little by little not to be so inconvenienced because that shows an attitude of pride and overall discontent and that is not how we're supposed to live. Once again, the biggest turn-off is watching or listening to your child repeat things you've said that are so ugly - and this really makes me want to change. The other day she said 'Mom, the stupid yogurt got in my hair.' WOW! If that didn't sound like me and sooo repulsive. Thanks for the 'mirror', Ellie. Hopefully, it's making me a better example - and a more joyful individual.

2 comments:

The Nuzzo Family said...

this makes me want to be more aware what i say around lucianna. i guess ellie's comment made us both open our eyes.

Julie Wolfe said...

Children are such a blessing for so many reasons. It's never too early or too late to start learning where we can improve our overall outlook on life. Glad her comment helped you too!