Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Friend Maddie

Apparently we've entered the world of imaginary friends - at almost three! I guess I thought this came later; but it's happened. Ellie's friend is Maddie. She knows a girl named Maddie and had been talking about going to her house A LOT. Well, we hadn't been to Maddie's house in quite some time, so that got us thinking that there was another Maddie that we didn't know about! We started asking questions like where does Maddie live and what's Maddie doing right now. Does Maddie have any brothers and sisters, etc. Her answers, and the fact the she would start talking about her like she was right there playing with her led us to believe that Maddie is an imaginary friend. Fortunately, they just like to have fun together and Maddie is not telling her to do anything bad or even disobedient. They go swimming together and play with Ellie's toys. They've even been to Hollywood! (I think Ellie learned of Hollywood through the VBS theme at church this summer!) I don't know if I had an imaginary friend - mom will have to tell me; but I can see where the time just before baby sister arrives might be a ripe time to develop a friend. It's really cute and we try to embrace it and not be afraid of it. I haven't read up on it yet; but I think that's what you're supposed to do. Here's an article about it if anyone else is going through this right now.

0 comments: