Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Faith Challenge

Since doing a study this summer called "Give Me 40 Days" by Freeda Bowers, I've really been challenged on a few things. I've been challenged to get up and spend at least 40 minutes praying every day. If that's not hard enough, I am supposed to just pray for other people's needs, or other people, not my own needs. It's so hard to not focus on yourself; but it's so rewarding to focus on others. I've really enjoyed not getting quite so wrapped up in my own stuff! I've been challenged to pray truly believing that God will answer and he will provide. Not just that he can; but he will. He promises that to us. Hebrews 11:6, Philippians 4:19, etc. I guess it's hard for us to believe that all the time because our minds can't comprehend it. When we as humans let each other down so much or aren't able to meet our own needs or the needs of others, it's hard to believe that someone can and will! He has all the power to provide for us - we just have to have faith to call on that power, believing that he will - he truly will.

I subsribed to the Proverbs 31 Ministries devotionals a couple of years ago and get one in my inbox each day. There have only been a handful that didn't really apply to my current situation; but they all have been awesome. If you're not already subscribed, I would encourage you to do so Here. I like to print the more applicable ones and do extensive devotions on them. Today's was entitled "Running by Faith" and it was incredible. When I linked to the author's blog (Tracie Miles), she had an article about her devotional and is doing a 5-day Faith Challenge starting TODAY! You can sign up to be a part of the challenge and list your blog, or just list your name. I kind of took this as a sign from God that he is ushering me into a deeper faith and dependence on Him, since I was already on the subject in my current devotion! If Faith is something you struggle with, then sign up to take this challenge with me. I can't wait to see what God does!

0 comments: