Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summertime, Summertime, Sum-sum Summertime!


Ah, the summer! I've always loved this break and thanks to having kids, I get to enjoy it once again! Although I'm still working, they have been gracious enough to let me work mostly from home - due to the high gas prices and no childcare for Ellie. This has allowed me to set a schedule for us, which we've both adapted to quite well, in which we have playtime, craft time, reading time, gym time, and nap time (I'm still trying to enforce this although it doesn't always work!). The nice thing is that I get to spend more time with her and we've both already spent a lot of time at the pool! I've enrolled her in a few camps and VBS's and will go into the office during those weeks; but all in all, I think it's going to be a great summer!

Of course, I've got some goals too like sewing more, getting Macie's room ready, purposefully getting up early to spend time praying and trying to simplify. Making all this work around still needing to be faithful to my job is a little challenging - sometimes I'd just like to play! - but I'm trying to learn to put time with God first and let him put everything else in place. There are some specific things I'm praying about this summer and would just like to work on my prayer life in general, so I'm doing this study call 'Give Me 40 Days' by Freeda Bower. I'm only on day 7; but it's been great so far. I also recently read, and plan to re-read, 'Breathe: Creating Space for God in a Hectic Life' by Keri Wyatt Kent. This one has a lot to do with Sabbath Simplicity and simplifying your life and that of your family's by only concentrating your time on things that God has purposed for you instead of getting wrapped up in busyness. Every woman should read this!

0 comments: