Monday, October 1, 2007

Go 'Noles!

It was a record crowd for Alltel Stadium - most of them Garnet & Gold; you couldn't tell though, until we started the chop!

It's been a while since I have been able to go to an FSU football game - three years! So, when friends bought a section of tickets back in the Spring and invited us to go, we jumped on it. Brian and I traveled with great friends Mike and Rachel Dasher to my old stomping grounds of Jacksonville to watch FSU roll over Alabama - wahoo! We left Ellie in the expert care of her grandparents and left Saturday morning for a short road trip down I-10. We decided to get our food for the tailgate at a Publix once we got to town, so of course I was excited to try to find the one closest to downtown and help with directions. (me?, help with directions?, no...!) Anyways, I chose the Fort Caroline Road Publix as the closest and easiest to get to. (Mom and Dad, you would not believe how run down University Blvd. approaching Ft. Caroline is.) Well, no sooner had we turned into the shopping center, than I saw a Blue Boy Sandwich shop across the street! We LOVED Blue Boy when we lived there and I'd told Brian before about the legendary size of the sandwiches. So, everyone was in agreement that we had to get our sandwiches there. I was hoping that it was still good! It was - everyone was very happy with their selections. The only problem was that it seemed to be a Gator establishment; but sometimes you have to compromise! Brian and I had a great time enjoying friends, food, fellow Seminole fans and the game. It was definitely worth it and we'll do it again with the Dasher's anytime!

0 comments: