Monday, May 11, 2009

A Great Weekend!

Since Brian had to leave town on Sunday morning, we decided to do Mother's Day on Saturday. First, we headed out to his mom's house for their Crunch Brunch! The house was finally demolished to get rid of the old, flood stained walls and make way for the new, up on stilts, resistant to floods house! It was so cool and so many of their friends and neighbors were there for the fun. They even had a hardhat contest! There was also the cutest port-o-potty I've ever seen. Not only did it look like a wooden outhouse; but she had decorated the inside so it felt a little more cozy. You'll see pictures of that too! Click the picture below to see more:


Then we headed to Maclay Gardens for a Mother's Day picnic. Brian planned to stop at Fresh Market for our food and he got a delicious spread! The girls enjoyed the weather and so did we. Ellie and I played (tried to play) frisbie and sported our goggles?! Once again, click the picture for more:


Three reasons I'm proud to be a mom:

1- Ellie - the first one has definitely been the most challenging to my character, which I am grateful for. She is beautiful inside and out, intelligent, loyal, creative, loving, has a gorgeous smile and a contagious laugh.

2- Aubrey - she benefits from being number two! She's all smiles, easy-going, laughs in her own way, is petite and beautiful!

3- I would not be on the journey of becoming the beautiful woman God intends me to be if it were not for these two precious girls and their loving daddy who gently helps me to see that patience really is a virtue, I can laugh a little more and my way of doing things is not the only way.

0 comments: