Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching Up...

I've wanted to post on a lot of activities over the past couple of weeks; but just have not been able to find the time that I wanted to set aside for doing it. So, I finally found some time and it's all going to be in one post!

Two weeks ago today, we traveled to my sister's in Atlanta for Thanksgiving. They are in their beautiful new house and we had a great time! (after the 8 hour trip that should have taken 5!) The first day we were there, we got the news that they are having a BOY! Yeah!! We can't wait to meet the little booger. The pregnancy is going very well so far, which is a huge answer to prayer!

On the second day, Thanksgiving, we walked down the road to visit the five donkeys and two horses:
Oh, I almost forgot about the pillowcase indian costume I made for Ellie that didn't make it on the trip - oops! I dubbed her Princess Talking Flower! Wonder why...!
On the day that we (the home-team Seminoles) got beat by them (the Tebow-worshipping Gators), Aubrey turned two months old! We can't believe it's already been two months since she entered our world. She is so precious and I'll do a whole other post on her later. I snapped this picture (that I mean to do each month and really wish I had at one month because she's grown so much). What a cutie patootie!
Last week, Ellie and I got to spend some time together while Gramma D watched little Aubrey. It was fun; but not at all quite as appreciated as I expected. More on that later - I've got a lot to learn! I kept reminding myself that it was our time to do what SHE wanted, not want I wanted (accomplish a ton of errands)! With that in mind, we had ice cream, went to Zoinks, aka "The Bouncy Place" and bought a gingerbread house to make. Now, as an adult, it makes complete sense to me that you make gingerbread houses NOT to be eaten and they make take a while to make - well, almost complete sense. But not to a three year old! And why should it? Why can't we eat it? In their little instant, self-gratification world (we are talking about a three-year old here, not me! - some lessons take a long time to learn, huh?) they don't understand the concept and I don't blame her. I ignorantly set myself up for this one! We put the sides together and then it had to sit to harden for a while. Then we put the roof on and it had to sit again. Poor Ellie was quite annoyed with this process. Finally, on day three, we finished it! Can you tell where mommy got to control where the candy went and where I decided to let Ellie have 'artistic freedom'? I think she just dumped the candy at the end!
So, we attempted to make gingerbread cookies that you CAN eat; but the recipe I used produced the gooeist dough that falls apart that I've ever seen. Oh well!

This past Saturday, Ellie got her hair cut for the first time! Her friend got hers cut a couple of weeks ago and it's still curly so I thought we could go for it. She was really excited and did really good - and it's a little more curly since it's not so heavy anymore!
After that, we went to see The Nutcracker Ballet and had the best seats ever! Ellie got to sit with some friends in the second row! She really enjoyed it. Thanks Amy V.!

In Aubrey news, she's successfully sleeping in her crib at night, although not all the way through yet, which is fine. And, she is taking a nap in her crib during the day! This has been much easier than it was with Ellie thanks to it being the second time around and God giving us another good sleeper.

0 comments: