Monday, May 5, 2008

While Daddy and Daughter are Away...

Mommy will play!

Brian and his mom took Ellie to see her great-grandfather, Grandpa Stan, this weekend, so I got a long weekend to relax, sleep in, etc. Unfortunately that was not the case since I have been under the weather and my church is in the midst of church directory pictures - which meant that I spent some time there on Saturday. But, I was determined to get a few things done and I did - yeah! I shopped BY MYSELF without saying don't touch - except to myself! I went out for a girls night of sushi and Made of Honor - so cute! And...I worked on some projects. First, I updated our front door a little bit. Found the cute chair at an antiques place and made the cushion. The red chair I found at TJ Maxx and couldn't pass it up for Ellie! And who wouldn't love a fern at their front door. All that's missing is a cute Welcome sign. Don't worry - I'm on the hunt. Then, I made a pillowcase dress for Ellie to wear to Amy's graduation from grad school at UGA. A red and black dress wasn't too hard to make since those are my favorite colors of all time! Once this dang cough goes away, I'm on to more projects - especially after Friday! By the way, I feel this baby moving all the time - what a comfort!


0 comments: