Saturday, July 7, 2007

July 4th


We were invited to a friend's parents' house this year and it was huge! There was swimming, swinging, and sparklers! You know, it's all about the red, white and blue and last year I had found this cute bubble outfit for Ellie from Target. Well, this year I found this oh-so-patriotic navy fabric with cream-colored stars and just knew I had to make something. Here's the thing...I'm still kind of new at this sewing thing and hadn't looked to see that I had enough fabric until two nights before - and I didn't (go figure). But I was determined. So, off to JoAnn's I went the next day to get more fabric and a new pattern. And yes, mom, I actually looked at the pattern this time and got the notions I needed before leaving the store - I'm learning! So, I was actually quite proud of myself for making her this dress in less than a day! Now I'm anxious to do more. Last year was Ellie's first introduction to fireworks and she loved it; but I wasn't thinking we would HOLD OUR OWN sparkler this year!!! She actually did great and didn't try to shake it at all. We had a great time. Click here for more pictures.

2 comments:

Susie said...

hey julie! amy told me about your blog! ellie is so cute!! i am impressed with your sewing! i took lessons in the winter to prepare for our little girl! i haven't done a thing since she has been here though! glad you are doing well! look forward to reading about your fam!
love
susie lovekamp

Julie Wolfe said...

Hey Susie! I hope y'all are doing well. I would love to see pictures of your little girl. Sewing's a lot of fun and not too hard once you get started; but I find that I have to be in the right mood! At least you took lessons - you're probably a lot better off than I am. I really don't know what I'm doing! Now, if I could only make myself smock!
Love,
Julie