Monday, April 20, 2009

The 'FREAKING' Water

I'm cracking up as I write this post! Mommy's potty mouth strikes again. I am really good at not cursing at all and especially around the girls; but there are times - and you know what I mean, moms - when you really wish you could say what's it your head because you really think it might convince them that you're serious about being quiet or sitting down or whatever it is you're trying to get them to do! This time, that wasn't the case. I stepped out of the car to meet an old friend for lunch the other day and before I knew it 'Ugh, I stepped in freaking mud!' came flying out of my mouth. That NEVER happens to me - fingers crossed behind my back! My sweet husband will attest that is something he's tried to get me to pay attention to since we got married - filtering my words before opening my mouth. Anyways, we were at my sister's house this weekend for a baby shower (she's due May 30th with her first, Brayden!). While she and I were going over the couponing basics, Ellie started jumping off the stairs yelling 'The Freaking Water', watch out for 'The freaking water'! It was HILARIOUS and of course embarrassing at the same time because I had to fess up to husband where she got that from. He was not surprised! But we were all rolling on the floor laughing because she kept saying it over and over! Ah, another mirror moment for me!

2 comments:

Frugal Coupon Mom - frugalcouponmom@gmail.com said...

I will be suprised if Lucianna's next word isn't freakin...
oh mommy mouth. i have to start watching mine

Amy Phillips said...

Yes, that was hillarious!! I am attaching the short video even though she never says "freaking water," she is saying "Freaking and" something as she walks down the stairs. So funny! okay--I can't attach. I'll email it.